Thursday, November 17, 2011

Heater core, gear box and oil change...

 The rear right boot is done.

The connection at the rear left cylinder is holding; no leak.

The heater core cleaned up well with acid; not 100% unclogged but it is delivering plenty of heat now.

I have reversed the straps holding the tank for better access in the future.

Everything is back on.

I have used 3M flexible body sealer to seal the heater core into its housing.

The Hydraulic filter was dirty but not too much.

The Dextron is now replaced with Hyken Glacial Blu.

The gear box had only 1.75 pint of fluid instead of over 2 quarts. Red Line is in it now.

Took a while to fill the gear box since the radiator was changed and the fill plug is inaccessible.

I have bent back the valence to gain access to the crank fro future use.

The front pads have plenty of meat... 

... but the right rotor is grooved.

The front outer boot (Right side) has been destroyed for a while; it is supposed to protect the CV joint.

The oil change is done using VR1 20W50. Before it I've used Marvel Mystery Oil in the crank case for 1/2 hr, poured some in the carb and put the rest in the tank. This might help the compression after a while.

I've torqued the bolts to 10 ft/lbs but one felt strange and probably was stripped at some point. I did not insist; something to be aware of with future oil changes.


Post a Comment